Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why No Jewelry On Sew Jewely?

Hi Everyone,

As those of you who have been following me a little while might know I don't just sew, I also make jewelry. I started making jewelry a couple years ago because I had an itch to learn something new. So why don't you see my jewelry on the blog? The simple truth is jewelry is super hard to photograph. No picture that I seem to be able to take can truly capture it. I am determined to get better at jewelry photography this year. I am also determined to learn something about composition since I am rarely satisfied with my photos even when they are in focus and everything else...but I digress. What this post is meant to be about is jewelry. You will see more of it around here from now on... don't worry you will also see more sewing. So here is my latest attempt at jewelry photography...


Bronze, garnet, acrylic,czech glass,swarovski, charm necklace.
This necklace is a departure from my usual pieces. I normally work with precious metals, gemstones, and swarovskis (okay so there are gemstones and swarovskis in it). I don't know why but one night I just decided to make something different and this is what came out. There are deep dark faceted garnet beads that I thought really set off the lavender acrylic focal piece... I love the heart charms... then I added a little pearly white and crystal clear to lighten it up a bit. I think it is a nice piece for valentines too... I think I will put it in my etsy shop and send the money to Heartline for the Teen Mom Home I better get it there quick before it is too late for Valentine's :) EDIT: here is the link if you want to see the listing in my shop.

Speaking of jewelry... wonder what this is going to become...

Yummy Sweet Divinity

And speaking of sewing... I started out with this yesterday...

Begonia is blooming...so pretty.

And it became this:


Talk soon...


2 comments:

jlk said...

That is such a pretty necklace! And, I love the rainy days and mondays line. I still have some lingering in my stash.

Anita said...

The necklace is lovely and I can't wait to see what your next creations are (sewing and jewelry)!